On the web:
- Your first $1,000,000 USD in merchant processing is now free! - Coinbase Blog - "We’ve long believed that merchant adoption is key to bitcoin going mainstream, and the next large phase of bitcoin usage will be as customers spend their bitcoin with more merchants."
- The Basics on Chargebacks, a three part series - Signifyd Blog - "A chargeback is defined as when a consumer contacts its credit card company or bank to complain about a merchant and ask the credit card company or bank to issue them a refund directly."
- Platinum Card and Text Alert, via Pawnshop - New York Times - "But she is not getting all this from a bank. She is getting this array of services from a pawnshop..."
- Federal agency representatives meeting to discuss bitcoin - "Murck said the conference will help regulators, policymakers and law enforcement officials to better understand the Bitcoin protocol and distributed finance."
- Tradehill Bitcoin Accounts Moving to Credit Union - Bloomberg - "Holdings with Tradehill will be transitioned to federally-insured accounts at the Internet Archive Federal Credit Union..."
On the wires:
- IND Group and PayPal Team Up to Offer Email Transfers - "The PayPal-powered IND app enables banks to offer person-to-person money transfer services without investing great effort in designing, developing and testing P2P transfer processes in their existing IT environment."
- TSYS to Sponsor Cards & Payments Turkey - "We are delighted to be sponsoring this exciting event, as Cards & Payments Turkey provides an ideal platform for TSYS to present its latest licensed solutions and services to the Turkish market."
- Card Processing Becoming Easier and Quicker in This Technological Age - "PaymentSense.com believes that everyone will soon start to think of paying for even their most regular purchases using contactless technology as being just as routine as using chip-and-PIN is at present."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews