On the web:
- Congress starts looking into Bitcoin - Politico - "The Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee on Monday sent letters to several agencies..."
- A Blunder at the Money Factory - New Yorker - "The New Yorker has learned that another production snafu has taken place at one of the country’s two currency factories, according to a document from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing."
- Visa Global Travel Intentions Study - Visa Blog - "Americans are thirsting for culture, connected online and ready to spend 40 percent more on their next international trip."
On the wires:
- Creative Holidays Embraces WEX Virtual Card Solution - "Adopting a single-use virtual card solution benefits our accommodation partners by ensuring guaranteed and faster settlements in multiple currencies, and by making it easier for them to match reservations against payment..."
- Harland Financial Solutions Announces Expanded Fraud Detection and Anti-Money Laundering Offerings through Verafin Alliance - "Verafin’s FRAML software enables a financial institution’s fraud detection and BSA/AML compliance professionals to quickly respond to suspicious activity."
- Annual Visa Global Travel Study: Americans Plan to Spend 40 Percent More on Next International Trip
- Fidelity Previews the First Investing Glassware Widely Available for Google Glass™ - "Those who preview the Fidelity Market Monitor for Glass can view a hands-free display of quotes from major U.S. stock indexes at market close."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews