On the web:
- JPMorgan Chase Reiterates Isis Support - Bank Technology News - "JPMorgan Chase on Monday reiterated its support of the Isis mobile wallet..."
- If it’s not broke, break it: How David Marcus is dismantling PayPal to save it - PandoDaily - "Simply put: PayPal got soft. It stopped innovating, because it didn’t have to."
- PayPal sharpens mobile payments edge with inventory management, analytics - Mobile Commerce Daily - "PayPal is looking to drive even further uptake via a partnership with Shopventory that will bring business intelligence and inventory management to PayPal Here..."
- Russian Roulette With A Credit Card - Bank Lawyer's Blog
- Fidelity Investments launches Google Glass test for investors - Boston.com
On the wires:
- First Data Releases July 2013 SpendTrend® Analysis - "July’s dollar volume growth of 7.7% marked a 12-month high and an uptick from June’s growth of 7.1%."
- TSYS Supports EMV Campaign in Kenya - "TSYS announced today that it supports Paynet, one of Kenya’s leading financial services providers to issuers and acquirers, in its ‘Great Migration to EMV Chip Card’ campaign.
- Bluefin Payment Systems Announces Plans to Introduce Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) - "Bluefin’s solution not only embraces the PCI P2PE Standard, but also addresses chain of custody and merchant reporting requirements."
- VeriFone First to Enable Electronic Payment in Upper Manhattan and New York City Borough For-Hire Vehicles
- Former American Express Consumer Cards Services Group President Phillip Riese Joins peerTransfer Board of Directors - "Riese spent 18 years at American Express, ultimately as Chairman of American Express Centurion Bank and President of the Consumer Card Group..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October!
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews