On the web:
- MCX makes bid to win over small merchants as rollout date nears - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The proposition for small merchants with MCX is to consolidate the number of payment options for consumers that often also shop at big-name retailers and restaurants."
- New Payments Network Hires Chief - Wall St. Journal - "A consortium of large merchants building a mobile-payments network aimed at shoppers has hired a former credit-card industry executive to run the fledgling project."
- Bitcoin in New York: 3 takeaways from open air trading - GigaOm - "People gather every Monday evening in New York’s Union Square to buy and sell the crypto-currency known as Bitcoin."
- From clipping to clicking – new research looks at the future of coupons - Google Commerce Blog - "The Zavers study found that while women and moms have traditionally been the typical coupon user, men are quickly catching up -- now representing about a third of all coupon users across all categories."
On the wires:
- InComm Launches Pre-Top to Expand Availability of Prepaid Solutions - "By allowing customers to purchase their favorite new songs while at the same time giving them the ability to pay their bills, load prepaid debit cards or even add funds to their wireless accounts, companies can foster loyalty among their customer base by providing access to a variety of important tasks and the convenience of getting them all done at once."
- Visa and NetHope Announce Five Grants Supporting Innovations in Rural Health, Smallholder Farming and Emergency Relief Payments - "The group of five grantee organizations includes: Agribusiness Systems International (ASI), Freedom from Hunger, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Mercy Corps, and Pathfinder International."
- Wells Fargo Launches Financial Education Program Hands on Banking® for Military - "Hands on Banking for Military is an HTML-based course and is located at www.handsonbanking.org."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -
- Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews