On the web:
- Remember Citigroup - Simon Johnson - "On Thursday of last week, four senators unveiled the 21st Century Glass-Steagall Act. The pushback from people representing the megabanks was immediate but also completely lame…"
- New E-Commerce Strategies Threaten UPS, FedEx - Reuters - "Major U.S. retailers are experimenting with new e-commerce strategies that could dent demand for package delivery services…"
- The Internet Archive Rescues Bitcoiners From Banking Oblivion - Wired.com - "…when Hockenhull needed somewhere to turn, Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle gave him the means to keep his company alive. Since then, the IAFCU has taken on a half-dozen Bitcoin businesses, such as BitBox, giving them a critical link to the U.S. financial system."
- News and Notes from the 2013 CNP Expo - "The first edition is a highlight package featuring some of the most noted executives in the card-not-present space…"
- The 6 weirdest alternative currency stories ever - CoinDesk - "The world of alternative currencies brings with it a host of scammers, stealers and black market sellers. They bring a bad name to decentralized systems like bitcoin."
On the wires:
- Cashcloud Secures Second Round of Funding - "While US startup Clinkle received attention for something they only intend to develop, the fact that this technology already exists in Europe and has gone unnoticed." i2c, Inc. Provides Heartland Payment Systems® with Prepaid Card Processing Services for National Restaurant Association's Edge prepaid card Program - "The Edge card allows restaurant employees to deposit their paychecks, load funds, receive employer-sponsored incentives and earn cash rewards on a general purpose prepaid card."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -
- Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews