On the web:
- Bitcoin's a Revolution, Not a Convenience - Bloomberg - "Bitcoin's cryptographic network also solves for a problem that digital cash schemes have faced in the past: double-spending, which is when users try to use a single token twice."
- Personal Capital Raises $25 Million Financing - "Jim Feuille of Crosslink Capital led this financing and has joined the company’s Board of Directors. Crosslink and BlackRock, the world’s largest asset management firm, are new investors in the company..."
- Stripe Makes It Easier For Marketplaces To Collect And Distribute Payments To Multiple Accounts - TechCrunch - "The company is debuting a technology that allows for payments to be distributed to multiple bank accounts."
- Mobile Wallet Kuapay Gets An Upgrade, Reaches 600 Locations Through Trials With KFC & Others - TechCrunch - "The company is running a pilot program with KFC here in the States, which includes trials in more than 100 KFC stores..."
- EBay to open 'shoppable windows' in New York - "Shoppers will be able to touch the screens to order and have products delivered to them within an hour via courier. Payment will be accepted by the couriers through PayPal Here, a mobile payment service developed by eBay."
- US mobile wallet users spent $500M in 2012 – nearly all of it at Starbucks - GigaOm - "According to Berg Insight, the vast majority of in-store mobile wallet transactions occurred in a Starbucks using the coffer giant’s own smartphone card app."
On the wires:
- FTC Sues Payment Processor for Assisting Credit Card Debt Relief Scam - "…the agency sued a payment processing business that allegedly assisted and facilitated a telemarketing credit card interest rate reduction scam."
- Visa Teams with ICBA Bancard to Bring Real-Time Visa Offers Programs to Community Banks - "We are committed to customizing Visa’s products and services, such as Visa Offers, to help our partners provide the greatest value to their customers in ways that are both scalable for their business and relevant to their local communities."
- Bell ID Launches Secure Element in the Cloud - "The solution manages keys, certificates and NFC credentials in a secure remote environment rather than in the mobile device, providing application issuers with the independence and control to manage their credentials without the need for third party involvement."
- Signature Card Services Makes EMV Migration Easy and Affordable - "With all major card brands supporting the US migration to EMV, Signature Card Services is preparing its merchants for an easy and affordable transition. In addition to free terminals, they are providing support and education to help merchants embrace the change."
- USA Technologies and NEXCOM to Pilot Availability of Cashless Payment Vending Options at Selected Navy Bases in the U.S. - "NEXCOM will be utilizing USAT’s ePort NFC enabled cashless payment technology and ePort Connect service…"
- Wells Fargo Joins with LGBT Organizations for Pride 2013 to Amplify Anti-Bullying Efforts - "Wells Fargo team members will march alongside several organizations focused on raising awareness for anti-bullying efforts to support LGBT and non-LGBT youth who face harassment."