On the web:
- Fed Studying Risks at Online Payment Providers - Wall St. Journal - "This is very much on our radar screen and we are carefully trying to identify where the risks are…"
- New partners, new cards and TV commercials at Dynamics - Pittsburgh Business Times - "Next generation payment card company Dynamics is unveiling a second tier of its ePlate card."
- The Time For A Stateless Global Reserve Currency Is Fast Approaching - The Genesis Block - "The problem is not that the reserve currency is issued by the United States, the problem is that it’s tied to any state at all."
- NFC payment services 'struggling to gain traction': Gartner - Computerworld - "Gartner predicted that NFC would account for only 2 per cent of total worldwide mobile payments this year and only increase to 5 per cent in 2017."
- PayPal challenging BPAY - ITworld (Australia) - "PayPal has announced a deal in Australia with utility company Australian Power & Gas and Telstra to allow bill payments via PayPal online and on mobile."
- Facebook banking in Turkey - Financial Services Club Blog - "Turkey is in fact a hotbed of innovation in banking, not just because of its growth market status, but also due to government deregulation to encourage more competition in banking."
- M-Pesa upgrade to ease payment of electricity bills - Business Daily Africa - "The mobile firm has already awarded Chinese telecoms giant Huawei the tender to migrate M-Pesa to the new platform…"
On the wires:
- ZTE Joygor Partners With Fortumo For App Billing and In-App Purchasing - "ZTE Joygor will use Fortumo's billing connections in 80 countries for monetizing users on ZTE Joygor's app platform, which comes preloaded on millions of ZTE devices worldwide.
- Merchant Warehouse Partners with Retail Pro International to Enhance Customer Experience - "Genius allows retailers to accept any type of payment in a low-risk manner, and turn basic transactions into deeper interactions with their customers."
- Financial Services Industry Leaders and Entrepreneurs Gather to Examine Market Trends and Consumer Needs