On the web:
- Disrupting payments - Bdaily - "The spark for iZettle came from a conversation between the founder, Jacob de Geer and his wife."
- CFPB exodus: Brain drain or growing pains? - Politico - "There is both a push and a pull on these folks."
- Consumer Complaints on Checking Accounts Show Need for Action - Pew Charitable Trusts
- Mobile money making its mark with major groups: Millicom, MTN, Vodafone, and Orange - GSMA - "The four telecom groups represented in this blog post account for over 55 million mobile money subscribers according to their latest published figures."
- The cash-free challenge... are contactless cards a safe way to pay? - London Evening Standard - "People will argue forever that they don’t own contactless cards and then will open their wallet and find one…"
- Banks Battle Telcos for Cash in South African Townships - Bloomberg BusinessWeek - "Mobile-phone payment services like M-Pesa have blossomed in east Africa, while in South Africa they have struggled because of regulation and a lack of a network to deposit and withdraw cash…"
- Consumers ready for biometric payment methods - Cards International - "Instead of entering a PIN, users only had to place a finger on a reader to be authenticated."
- Calculating The Long-Term Value Of A Bitcoin - TechCrunch - "First, I agree with the common sentiment that in 10 years, bitcoins will either be worth nothing, or a lot more than they are now …"
- Do Digital Currencies Need Bank Secrecy Act Regulations? - Portals and Rails - "At the heart of the issue with this particular digital currency is its anonymous nature. "
On the wires:
- Silicon Valley Bank Hires New Chief Information Officer (Beth Devin) - "Beth is a great addition to our team with experience that will help us better serve our clients, and take advantage of disruptive financial tools…"
- i-Free, Tinkoff Credit Systems Bank and MasterCard come together to introduce first NFC wallet with remote Mobile MasterCard PayPass® issue in Russia and CIS - "This launch of the first NFC service in Russia that supports remote Mobile MasterCard PayPass card issue and personalization is a milestone event in the development of NFC infrastructure and services available to Russian banks and their customers…"
- Gemalto delivers micro-banking technology in Bangladesh - "This is a great example of how digital security can benefit a developing market and bring essential financial services to the world’s under-banked…"