From local to global in a flip of a switch: Square market. https://t.co/Ph7B3ctrDr— Jack Dorsey (@jack) June 26, 2013
On the web:
- How Do You Securely Enter a PIN without a Keyboard? Let us Tell You How! - PayPal Forward - "And here is the charm: nobody, but you knows your PIN because nobody knows the random PIN shown originally."
- Bitcoin Bits - AVC (Fred Wilson) - "There is something real and tangible about an open air market where the only currency allowed is Bitcoin."
- Passwords More Valuable Than Credit Card Data - Risk & Compliance Journal - "In fact, passwords are now more than five times more valuable than credit card information..."
- States Put Heat on Bitcoin - Wall St. Journal
- Square’s New Web Marketplace Highlights Twitter Commerce Possibilities - AllThingsD - "Imagine a point in the future where instead of being linked-out to a retailer Web site to pay for an item, you could complete your transaction from within the tweet itself."
- Why Bitcoin is on the money - The Telegraph - "Unless the issues that BitCoin raises are addressed in a thoughtful and proactive manner by existing authorities, the disintermediating power of technology is likely to have a disruptive impact on currency systems and those that regulate and rely on them."
- Tim Berners-Lee: internet freedom must be safeguarded - The Guardian - "When you make something universal … it can be used for good things or nasty things … we just have to make sure it's not undercut by any large companies or governments trying to use it and get total control."
- NFC a killer app? No Flipping Chance - TechRadar - "The biggest problem of all, however, is that NFC payments aren't solving a big problem."
- Twitter is Developing Geo-Targeted Ads for Retailers - Advertising Age - "Twitter will enable ads to be targeted to people who are near specific latitudes and longitudes..."
On the wires:
- Capital One’s New Quicksilver Card Responds to Consumer Demand for Easy Cash - "This new card delivers tremendous value by allowing consumers to earn unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, every day."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -