On the web:
- Perspective: The Future of POS - First Data Insights (Jim Contardi) - "An integrated, full-featured POS system with smart payment processing technology doesn’t have to be just for large enterprises."
- Apple’s new mobile operating system may presage a bigger step into mobile commerce - Internet Retailer - "Apple Inc.’s new version of its mobile operating system, iOS7, may provide components that make it easier for consumers to shop using their iPhones and iPads…"
- Bitcoin’s Big Bank Problem: Why Did Mt. Gox Halt U.S. Payouts - Wired - "I’ve been in this space for 10 years, and I can tell you that I’ve never seen a more visceral reaction to an industry than the way I’ve seen banks respond to the digital currency industry..."
- Inside the mind of an avid bitcoin investor - PandoDaily - "Asked why he views bitcoin is so attractive he said money is ripe for disruption and bitcoin has all the essential attributes of either cash or gold, with a number of inherent advantages."
- Making Prepaid Cards into a Transformative Product - Banktalk.org - "I think that the development of a better savings account and the introduction of an effective credit builder could be the best opportunities for transformation."
- More Young People Ditching Credit Cards - NY Times Bucks Blog - "Younger adults seem to be developing an aversion to credit cards and the debt that comes with them."
- Supreme Court Stops Merchant Class-Action Suit vs. American Express - Wall St. Journal - "The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday blocked an antitrust lawsuit that alleged American Express Co. (AXP) used its muscle in the corporate card market to force merchants to accept the company's less desirable payment cards--and the fees that go with them."
- Cameron And Tyler Winklevoss Tell Us Why They’re So Bullish On Bitcoin - TechCrunch - "Through their Winklevoss Capital early-stage investment firm, the brothers have bought up roughly $11 million worth of Bitcoins, accounting for some one percent of the nascent currency."
- 30 Days In, Bitcoin Angel Group BitAngels Doubles Network To 120, Puts First $100K Into Seasteading Venture, Blueseed - Techcrunch - "While BitAngels isn’t a formal fund per se (so the Bitcoins are soft-circled, not in escrow), all involved are accredited, experienced investors, many of whom have made themselves available as advisors."
- Why Consumers Choose Prepaid Cards - TMG Blog - "This means that it is extremely important for FIs to work closely with their customers to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each prepaid card product available, as well as how to choose the best prepaid card to meet their particular needs."
- Metrics: Mobile Traffic at Six Large Prepaid Card Sites - NetBanker - "While we need conversion rates to gauge channel profitability, it's clear that mobile users are a large potential market for prepaid issuers."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -