On the web:
- Malka, Rickards Debate Bitcoin Utility, Longevity - Bloomberg TV - "Micky Malka, founder and general partner at Ribbit Capital, and James Rickards, senior managing director at Tangent Capital Partners, debate the advantages, disadvantages and longevity of bitcoin, an alternative currency."
- Payments – Wrapping, Rules, Acquiring and Tokens - FinVentures (Tom Noyes) - "The exec summary of this blog: don’t ever bet your business on someone else’s rules… particularly if they themselves don’t own them."
- UK Consumers Warm to Mobile Payments - eMarketer - "Awareness of places where UK consumers can use mobile payment technology has more than doubled during the past year..."
- Banks Turn to Fees to Make Mobile Pay - Bank Technology News - "Yet evidence is starting to mount that retail banking fees, so unpopular in areas like checking accounts, may be palatable for mobile banking services."
- 5 Things I Learned Reading Visa's Annual Report - Motley Fool - "I knew Visa was the biggest player in the industry, but I didn't realize that by most measures, it's nearly twice the size of rival MasterCard."
- What It’s Like to Work Inside Jack Dorsey’s Brain - "Square wants work to be anything but punching the clock. It wants life at the office to be a designed experience."
- Moving cheques into the fast lane - Canadian Payments Association - "Through a multi-year project, the CPA has created the opportunity for Canadian financial institutions to exchange and clear images of cheques electronically..."
On the wires:
- Dynamics ePlate® Card Continues To Shatter 1% Credit Card Reward Status Quo - "Known by early adopters as the card that "lights up," the ePlate® card is equipped with two "Experience™ buttons" that literally light up when pressed, giving cardholders a more active role in deciding which rewards they want to earn and when."
- Dream. Dare. Do…American Express Launches the #PassionProject - "Today, American Express kicked off a new program designed to enable, inspire and encourage people to pursue their passion projects."
- Amazon Announces Amazon Birthday Gift – A New Way to Make Gift Giving Simple, Social and Fun - "Amazon Birthday Gift lets you join a social gift that will grow as more friends participate, which makes giving and receiving birthday messages on Facebook even more fun."
- Citibank Small Business Pulse® Reveals Three-Year High in Owners’ View of Business Conditions - "Nearly half of small business owners (48%) rate conditions as good or excellent, up from 43% in May 2012 and twice the rate three years ago (24%)."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -