On the web:
- Spotlight on scams that target older adults - CFPB Blog - "Older Americans lose an estimated $2.9 billion annually to financial exploitation, and it’s estimated that for each case that is reported, 43 others go unrecognized."
- New PayPal Video: Who Killed The Cash Register? - "Hot on the trail of the Cash Register killer, two detectives investigate, interrogate and negotiate with a key witness."
- With iOS 7, Apple Shows It Will Tolerate QR Codes – But Not Further Their Cause - TechCrunch - "The QR code reader in iOS 7 is built into Passbook: there’s now a new Scan Code feature built into the Passbook card that’s used to explain the overall service."
- NFC Stands For Nobody F****** Cares And Apple Gets That - TechCrunch - "The reality is NFC is an ugly wasteland of non-use."
- (India) Card issuers in a fix over Aadhaar - Times of India - "The introduction of compulsory EMV chip cards and PIN confirmation for transactions was proposed in the wake of widespread credit card frauds that took place earlier this year. RBI had told banks in a circular that they should migrate to EMV and chip cards."
On the wires:
- MineralTree Launches MarketSphere™: Industry’s First Small Business Payments Analytics Service - "Using proprietary analytics and advanced data visualization, MineralTree MarketSphere transforms large volumes of bank-accessible customer and transactional data into actionable intelligence that can drive deeper SMB relationships and new income streams."
- Bitcoin Purchase Platform BitInstant Integrates Jumio's Netverify to Speed Transactions and Reduce Fraud - "Jumio's technology provides secure and convenient KYC functionality, enabling BitInstant customers to confirm their identity in real time, and offering an all-important extra layer of protection for financial transactions."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -