On the web:
- Fed Survey Shows Growth in Mobile Banking, Payments - "Americans are increasingly using their mobile phones to access bank accounts, credit cards, and other financial accounts…"
- Bitcoin Investors Hang On for the Ride - WSJ
- Why Libertarians and gold hoarders love Bitcoins - PandoDaily - "What kind of people use Bitcoins, the digital currency designed by cryptographers to be untraceable?"
- Microsoft Account Gets More Secure - The Official Microsoft Blog - "This release enables optional two-step verification for your entire Microsoft account."
- Amazon Patent Describes A Mobile Payment System That Keeps Transactions Anonymous - TechCrunch - "The patent describes a way to sub in unique identifiers for information like name and email address…"
- Zuora: Faster Time to Commerce? Check Out Our New REST APIs - "Zuora has introduced 22 new REST API calls focused on enabling website commerce integrations."
- Authentication a barrier to online commerce for most people - Computing.co.uk - "Inadequate authentication and the plethora of user names and passwords people need to remember is a rising barrier to online commerce"
On the wires:
- NACHA’s Council for Electronic Billing and Payment to Launch Industry Evaluation of the QR Encoding for Consumer Bill Pay Guidelines - "Industry input is vital as we work to establish a single QR code specification so consumers can easily view and pay bills from a mobile device…"
- First Data Enhances its Vision Payment Solution’s Global Capabilities with VisionPLUS® Flex - "In a single platform, the VisionPLUS Flex solution supports issuing and acquiring of credit, debit, prepaid, consumer and commercial cards for private label, American Express®, JCB, MasterCard® and Visa® global brands, as well as consumer loans."
- American Express Reports First Quarter EPS of $1.15, up 7% From A Year Ago; Revenues and Cardmember Spending Rise, Credit Quality Remains Excellent - "We are off to a strong start in 2013, thanks to our ability to grow revenue in a slow growth economy, control expenses and maintain a strong balance sheet…"
- New Sign-up Process - payleven Opens Doors to Private Individuals in UK - "Today marks a major milestone for payleven on that journey as we have solved two long-standing problems faced by the payments industry- designing a simple, instant signup process and empowering individuals as merchants."
- Toshiba Integrates Isis SmartTap™ into ACE Point-of-Sale - "Integration of Isis SmartTap with the ACE POS platform can fundamentally transform the way consumers and retailers interact at the POS."
- MCX Selects Gemalto for Mobile Commerce Platform - "The initial MCX wallet, which will be primarily barcode and cloud-based, will run on Gemalto’s Allynis Mobile Payment platform."
- Fiserv Makes Real Time Person-to-Person Payments a Reality with Popmoney Instant Payments - "We believe real-time payments are increasingly important to consumers in many day-to-day situations, and that includes sending money to people they know or owe."
- ACI Worldwide Empowers Financial Institutions to Increase Efficiency of Card Issuing and Account Management - "ACI Issuer is designed to help financial institutions lower operating costs with expected reductions in new product development, long-term maintenance and infrastructure costs."
- Western Union Continues to Expand in Mexico - "We see a great opportunity to expand in Mexico through existing and new Agent relationships such as Bancoppel…"