January's Top 11 Most Popular News Stories on Payments News are:
- BillMonk: Social Money - This innovative social money startup captured most of the "buzz" on Payments News this month!
- MasterCard's IPO Looms - There was no real news later in the month about MasterCard's progress towards an initial public offering.
- Online Banking: How Safe Is Your Money? - This story does a nice job of summarizing the issues and opportunities around stronger authentication for access to online banking.
- First Data Weighs Sell-Off Of Card Issuer Processing Unit - This story turned out to be uninformed speculation - as on Thursday FDC instead announced plans to spin off its fast-growing Western Union business.
- Visa's New Logo Makes Official Debut - At the start of 2006, Visa USA formally introduces the new, clearer Visa design launched earlier by other Visa regions around the world.