Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- America’s Biggest Banks Have a New Name for Their Venmo-Killer: Zelle - Wall Street Journal - "Early Warning, a bank-owned entity that is running the payment service, confirmed the name after The Wall Street Journal reported it earlier Wednesday. The service, which allows customers to use their mobile phones to zap money from their banks’ accounts to accounts at other financial institutions, has been operating for several years under the name clearXchange. That name, however, was never promoted as a corporate brand."
- Apple Plans iPhone for Japan With Tap-to-Pay for Subways - Bloomberg - "Apple Inc. is planning a new iPhone feature for Japan that will enable users to pay for mass-transit rides with their smartphones instead of physical payment cards. A future iPhone will include technology called FeliCa, a mobile tap-to-pay standard in Japan developed by Sony Corp., according to people familiar with the matter."
ON THE WIRES
- RETAILERS WELCOME RELEASE OF GOODLATTE ONLINES SALES TAX BILL - "“We hope this move will bring the attention needed to get Congress to move forward in treating purchases made online the same as those made in local stores when it comes to sales tax collection,” NRF Senior Vice President for Government Relations David French said. “With online shopping increasing every day, it’s time for Congress to act. The price advantage held by online sellers when they don’t have to collect sales tax has resulted in the shuttering of bricks-and-mortar retail stores in almost every community across the nation over the last few years. That cannot be allowed to continue.”"
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!