Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Mobile influences retailers’ shift to loyalty programs, forgetting traditional coupons - Mobile Commerce Daily - "After years of being a coupon-cutter’s dream, Bed, Bath & Beyond announced earlier this month that it would drop coupons in favor of a subscription loyalty-based system called Beyond+, which gives a permanent 20 percent discount."
- YES Bank integrates ToneTag tech for sound-based payments - Finextra - "ToneTag utilises the in-built mic or speaker of any device to enable data transfer through soundwaves at merchant terminals which have integrated the technology. The SDK contains features such as patented noise filters, three levels of encryption, tokenisation, white box cryptography and multifactor authentication."
- 3 ways retailers plan to protect customer data - Retail Customer Experience - "Interested in knowing how your data is being protected? Here are three ways retailers plan to protect customer data through 2017."
- Dunkin’ Donuts To Enable Gifting Through Messages In IOS 10 - Point of Sale News - "Today Dunkin' Donuts becomes the first national coffee chain to enable gifting and payment within Messages in iOS 10. Dunkin' Donuts fans can now access the Dunkin' Mobile App through the App Store for iMessage to deliver mobile Dunkin' Donuts Cards to friends, family and colleagues as quickly and simply as sending an emoji."
- IoT Device Maker Vows Product Recall, Legal Action Against Western Accusers - Krebs on Security - "A Chinese electronics firm pegged by experts as responsible for making many of the components leveraged in last week’s massive attack that disrupted Twitter and dozens of popular Web sites has vowed to recall some of its vulnerable products, even as it threatened legal action against this publication and others for allegedly tarnishing the company’s brand."
ON THE WIRES
- Alliance Data's Card Services Business Identifies 10 Trends For 2017 In Second Annual 'Now, New, Next' Retail Trend Report - "Alliance Data Systems Corporation's card services business, a premier provider of branded private label, co-brand and business credit programs, today released its second annual "Now, New, Next" report, a forecast of the top 10 trends impacting the retail industry in 2017. The free report is available for download at http://knowmoresellmore.com/insights-news/2017-trends-report-now-new-next."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in Palo Alto, CA. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - December 6-7
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Innovation in Payments - December 8
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!