Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Facebook isn’t making money when you shop on Facebook — yet - Recode - "Facebook has tried a bunch of different ways to get people to shop on the site, but it’s never been Facebook’s strength. That hasn’t stopped the social giant from trying, though. Remember Facebook gifts? Or the company’s plan to push into buy buttons? Now Facebook has another new plan: Marketplace, a Craigslist-style product that lets people buy things from, or sell things to, other Facebook users."
- Allstate’s faster mobile payment option capitalizes on mobile financial services’ popularity - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Allstate is revamping its digital payment method with QuickCard Pay, which takes over for its Fast Mobile e-Payment as its new focus for quick, mobile-ready payment options using the Mastercard Send system to help users pay their bills and receive payments on claims on any device."
ON THE WIRES
- With U.S. Bank APConnector™, More Businesses Can Say "Yes!" to Virtual Pay - "By acting as a translator between the bank’s payment systems and an organization’s ERP software, APConnector makes the path to payment automation seamless and cost effective. It allows organizations to send payments electronically using secure virtual card accounts that provide enhanced remittance data as well as improved reconciliation. Paying corporate invoices electronically no longer requires a major commitment of information technology (IT) resources. Set-up time for launching a virtual card solution shrinks to as little as a few weeks, versus up to three months in a conventional set up."
- Giesecke & Devrient Teams with Rittenhouse Payment Solutions for Event-based Wearable Solutions - "Extending its active participation in contactless-payment-enabled wearables, G&D is bringing a new wearable solution to the market with Rittenhouse Payment Solutions, a leader in the prepaid payments space who offers cutting-edge program solutions. The prepaid smart wristband can be used for payment and access in a variety of everyday environments."
- First Data, Alipay Partner to Bring Popular Chinese Mobile Payment Option to U.S. - "First Data (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, today announced a new partnership with Alipay, one of the world’s leading online payment platforms, to bring the Alipay mobile payment solution to United States merchants. Beginning in November, Alipay will be available to Chinese consumers shopping at select retail locations in California and New York. Participating retailers at those locations will use First Data’s Clover Mini point-of-sale solution to accept Alipay."
- Samsung Pay to Add Three New Countries, Online and in-App Payments, Location-Based Deals and More - "Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. today announced Samsung Pay will add three new countries to the roadmap including Malaysia, Russia and Thailand, which will bring the convenience of the service to 10 countries by the end of 2016. Samsung Pay also announced a global partnership with Mastercard to offer a simplified online payment and express checkout solution through its digital payment service Masterpass, starting early next year. Hundreds of thousands of merchants in 33 countries currently accept Masterpass for online payments."
GLENBROOK AT MONEY2020
We're at Money2020 and we'd love to get together. If you have a payments challenge, want to know more about our Glenbrook payments education programs, or have a great story to tell, get in touch so we can schedule a meeting.
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in Palo Alto, CA. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - December 6-7
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Innovation in Payments - December 8
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!