Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Regulator Will Start Issuing Bank Charters for Fintech Firms - Wall Street Journal - "Financial-technology firms will soon have the chance to apply for new banking charters, under a plan from a top U.S. regulator designed to let thousands of upstarts grow nationally under federal oversight."
- CIO Voices: Capital One’s Rob Alexander on How to Win in Banking - CIO Journal (WSJ) - "For Rob Alexander, CIO of Capital One Financial Corp., there’s little division between a bank and a technology company. “Technology is reshaping this business,” he says. “The winners will integrate banking into customers’ lives.”"
- Why in-store mobile payments are still struggling - Mobile Commerce Daily - "This Black Friday, one of the trends that was noted by researchers from Cayan was the ratio of purchases made from regular card payments to purchases made with mobile payments. What they found was the mobile payments are sorely lacking in the physical retail world, making up less than 10 percent of all sales, with an average of .6 percent per state. That is more than last year but nowhere near the growth that was expected."
- YayPay wants to help big companies deal with accounts receivable - TechCrunch - "YayPay is focusing on an interesting yet underserved niche — collecting payments from your customers. The startup is launching the second version of its platform today and now focuses on big companies with accounts receivable teams."
- Apple Pay launches in Spain - NFC World - "Apple Pay has been officially launched in Spain, with Apple developing partnerships with Banco Santander, payment giants American Express and Mastercard, retailer Carrefour and prepaid meal payment service Ticket Restaurant."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa to Acquire CardinalCommerce to Secure and Accelerate Digital Commerce - "Visa (NYSE:V) today announced an agreement to acquire CardinalCommerce, an industry leader in e-commerce payment authentication. The acquisition will enable more secure, seamless payments, whether made through a browser, mobile app, or connected device, and will help Visa’s clients and merchant partners accelerate digital commerce."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are in Palo Alto, CA. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - December 6-7
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Innovation in Payments - December 8
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!