On the Web:
- Payments Innovation Jury Report 2015 - The Payments Innovation Jury Report is a report released every two years, detailing global trends in payments innovation, and future opportunities and challenges for the industry. The report is based on the expertise of a panel of 40 business leaders in the payments sector from 23 countries across six continents. Authored by industry insider John Chaplin, the research is essential reading to FinTech investors, innovators, established payments firms and all others involved in the sector. The research is sponsored by Currency Cloud, a Payments Engine transforming the industry, Ixaris, an innovator in electronic payments, and WorldRemit, an online money transfer service.
- Exclusive: Bitcoin company Circle raising new cash - Fortune - "Circle Financial ... is in the midst of raising around $40 million at a pre-money valuation of approximately $200 million, Fortune has learned from multiple sources."
- Bitcoin’s Q1: Record VC Investment, Falling Prices, And Slow Consumer Adoption - TechCrunch - "The bitcoin-watching news service CoinDesk recently released its first quarter look into the cryptocurrency’s performance during the opening months of 2015."
On the Wires:
- Discover to Bring Apple Pay to Cardmembers - “As the mobile payments landscape matures, Discover remains committed to giving cardmembers secure options for using their cards and mobile devices,” said Diane Offereins, Discover’s president of payment services. “Discover’s focus on simplicity and value for our cardmembers aligns well with the way Apple Pay makes purchases easy and convenient.”
- Global Payments Launches EMV and Contactless Mobile Payments Solution in Canada - "Global Payments Inc. today announced the launch of the new Ingenico Companion Mobile Payment (iCMP) MPOS – a turnkey mobile point-of-sale solution offering full debit and credit EMV and contactless payment acceptance to Canadian merchants."
- ACI Worldwide: Nearly 80 Percent of Banks, Retailers and Billing Organizations Know They are at Risk of Customer Attrition… - "Surprisingly, given the recent years of legislation across the world, retailers and billing organizations want to work together to provide a richer consumer experience and to slash costs by cutting out intermediaries. 44 percent of organizations claim they are already taking steps to, or would like to eventually, reduce the number of intermediaries in the payments value chain."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews